What is FTB Infinity Evolved?
FTB Infinity Evolved is our first evolution of bringing a whole new way of playing our mod packs. Your normal FTB Infinity worlds will remain exactly how they are now, however a simple command entered by you on a single player world or your admin on a multi-player server will introduce a huge change to the recipes of the various items. Our goal here is to create a pack that will extend your gameplay without introducing massive amounts of grind.
How do we do this?
We have taken a long hard look at the items that all the mods introduce to FTB Infinity and look at their relative strengths. In the tech tree, we have locked the most powerful items (Like Applied Energistics sorting systems) behind gates unlocked by progressing through other mods. On top of this, we have changed up the recipes of a lot of your favorite items by bringing in ingredients from other mods. For example the Basic Machine Frame needed for most Thermal Expansion machines requires parts built with Tinkers Construct, Forestry, Buildcraft, and Railcraft.
So our goal here is not to force you to grind, it is more to encourage people to build more infrastructure just like the FTB Maps of old.
So lots of more complex recipes, is that it?
No! On top of this we are introducing 2 new custom made mods into FTB Infinity, FTB Tweaks and FTB Utilities.
FTB Tweaks is a very simple mod that introduces the concept of game modes. This allows you to set up multiple minetweaker profiles and switch between them on the fly, giving the ability to switch game modes without a server restart.
FTB Utilities adds a ton of new awesome features, all nested within a easy to use in game GUI.
- Guide system - Introduces a very basic way to write game guides that can be used in game. These can be written offline in plain text and imported into your client. This will allow anyone to write guides that can be used in game as tutorials etc.
- Friends system - Self explanatory, it's an in game friends system that is used for various other features
- Chunk Claiming - Players will now be able to claim chunks preventing anyone but themselves and/or their friends from building or breaking blocks in that chunk. This is limited via config options.
- Backup system - Backup your worlds on a regular basis.
- Auto-restart timer - One of the best ways to maintain your server is regular restarts, this allows admins to automate the process.
- World borders. Allows admins to effectively limit the size of any worlds with a 1.8 minecraft like border. Borders can have custom position (default to 0,0) and size per-dimension
- Inventory viewer - This command will allow admins to access any player's inventory at any time online and easily add or remove items. Supports Baubles. (Personal note, this command is amazing)
- Warps (/setwarp [ID], /warp [ID]) - Players can teleport to any location/dimension set by server admins
- Config reloading with “/admin reload”
- FriendsGUI where you can see misc stats of users - Total play time, deaths, first time joined, last time seen etc.
- Safe spawn from mobs / Spawn PVP - Hostile mobs in spawn area won’t spawn and won’t be able to attack you. SpawnPVP blocks other players from attacking you.
- MOTD & rules link on player login - Self Explanatory
- Starting items - Want your players to have a set of tools or items when they first join the server, (Items are set in server config, in format “minecraft:item_id size damage”)
- Chat links - When someone posts a link in chat and it’s not clickable, FTBU prints “[Link]” that you can click from chat window.
- Json configs (Can be edited with “/admin config”)
- Badges - Now you can make and add custom badges to players that are playing on your server.
- Powerful new chunk loading system - Adding controlled chunk loading to the chunk claiming system.
- Player Ranking System - Adds a ranking system that will allow server admins to give players and groups different permissions (allowing admins to create groups where they can give different groups/players access to all the different commands in the game / have different claim limits)
- Offline Messaging - Leave a message for offline players, that they will receive when they next log in. You can also send items to players using this method.
- Trading system - Adds a GUI into the friends system where you can create requests for items you need and what items they are willing to give in exchange.
- The ability to reset your spawn using a bed at any time.
- All server commands will be moved into a GUI based system.
To summarise, this pack isn’t just about forcing people to use Industrial Craft 2 or give people a long grindy style mod pack. Our goal is more to add a new dimension to the gameplay of not just FTB Infinity, but also other mod packs in the future. We also want to be able to help provide everyone these tools to do the same thing to all of your awesome mod packs.
We are all very excited about the new Hard mode in Infinity and we can't wait for you to all get a chance to take a proper look at it. Long term, we are already making plans to expand on these idea even further so we can continue to bring the community fantastic mod packs in 2016 and onwards.