Looking For A Server To Play On?
Check out our server listing siteServer Listings
Most modpacks on the Feed the Beast launcher come with a server version for you to easily setup a server to play with your friends, you can download the server version to setup yourself easily by going onto the launcher and selecting the modpack you want to play or by navigating to the modpacks pageon the website. Our hosting page has a guide on how to install the server software on your own server. Alternativly you can buy a server from a FTB server hosting company such as our sponsors creeperhost.
Have Your Own Server?
Its simple to install a Feed the Beast server follow these steps to install Feed the Beast modpacks on dedicated servers, VPSs or home computers.
- Download the required modpack from the server modpack page here or by selecting the modpack in the launcher and clicking download server. You can copy the link address and use the link to wget the zip to your server if you are running a CLI.
- Unzip the package by using the "unzip" command on linux or by right clicking and selecting extract on windows using a program such as winzip or winrar
- Move the files to the location where you want to run your server
- Run the server, you can do this by double clicking the .bat file on windows or running the sh file on linux with the command "sh ServerStart.sh"
- You can edit the amount of RAM allocated to the server and JVM arguments by editing the .sh or .bat file you use to start the server.